Sunday, March 29, 2009

And so ends another show...


Has it really been over a month since I've written in this blog? Oops! I guess I've just been so busy lately that blogging has fallen by the wayside. That's to be expected, though, considering I've been working every day, singing a lot on weekends, and rehearsing for a show four times a week.

However, now that show is over; I must admit that I'm feeling a little sad tonight, knowing that I won't get to see the cast and crew every night anymore. I don't think I've ever had as much fun doing a show as I did doing The Fantasticks. I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this show, from blocking to choreography to even tech week. The cast was absolutely phenomenal to work with (here is our cast picture, minus one) and the crew did their jobs very well. Everyone was so wonderful, and I made so many new friends and met so many new people. Between the outtakes at rehearsals and the fun we had at cast parties, I don't know if I've ever laughed so hard so often. With such a small cast and crew, it's no wonder that we all got along so well and became close. I've never worked with such a small cast, but I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity to do so and work with such talented people. I can't even express how blessed I feel to be involved in theater again.

So I'll be sad for a little while, and then I'll move on to the next project. Between work, grad school, and surely more shows on the way, I'm sure I'll have plenty to keep me occupied. However, I will never, ever forget this amazing show and the wonderful memories I've made here. I really hope that I have the opportunity to work with all of these people again!

No comments:

Post a Comment